September 22, 2006

Pins and Needles

Well, actually just needles. Yesterday I had my first acupuncture appointment, and it was w-e-i-r-d WEIRD!!! The acupuncturist kept on talking about my "chi" and "energy flow", and while I completely respect Chinese medicine, I was really freaked out. Then she started sticking these tiny needles in my feet and arms and legs, and even a few in my head! The weird thing was that while she was doing it, I felt like something was moving from the spots where she put the needles in. She also put some acupuncture balls in my ear, which are supposed to have a similar effect as needles. Now I have eight little patches on my ear.

I discovered that acupuncture leaves you totally drained. After the appointment I had very little energy and was able to function on sugar alone. I even missed out on my volleyball game because I felt so lacking in energy. No help for my headaches so far, though. Guess I'll just have to see what happens, and keep on praying.

Czesc!

No comments: