October 16, 2006

A Good Man

YEAH!!!! Tigers swept the A's in the ALCS! Welcome to the world series, boys! Sadly, the Mets finally got their bats going, and beat the Cardinals 12-5 last night, tying up the NLCS. Beltran and Delgado were definitely on the top of their game, and Wright actually hit one. I think game five is in St. Louis, so maybe that'll get the Cardinals fired up, and they'll come back with a win.

Enough baseball. Spare today was hilarious. Kaeli was experimenting with my pens, and she was just adorable. Kept on giggling the whole way through, trying to determine which colour ink was the smudgiest. I'm still laughing on the inside.

Volleyball tournament last weekend, and my team came 5th or 6th. I'm not really sure. But considering that this was the first time we've faced some actual competition, I think we did fairly well. It was a 23 team tourney, too, so our placing is nothing to sneeze at.

"A Good Man" is a really great song by a Canadian country band - Emerson Drive. And even though it's written and sung from a guy's perspective, the gist of the message applies to women, as well. We want people to remember us in a positive light, as caring and honest individuals that made the world brighter somehow. Go check it out.

I wanna be the one
When all is said and done
Lived a good life
Loved a good wife
Always helped someone in trouble
On the day they lay me down
I want everyone to gather 'round
And say he was a father,
Brother, neighbour and a friend
He was a good man
- "A Good Man" -- Emerson Drive

Another good song I've been obsessed with lately is "Savin' Me" by Nickelback. I love the lyrics, and Chad Kroeger's voice can be so raw when he sings - it's a really neat effect.

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you
These city walls ain't got no love for me
I'm on the ledge of the eighteenth story
And oh I scream for you
Come please I'm callin'
And all I need from you
Hurry I'm fallin'
- "Savin' Me" -- Nickelback
Umm, I don't have much else to say.
Da boch chi. ~Welsh

1 comment:

Aurum said...

Whooooooooohooooooooooooooo. A country song (go country music).