October 10, 2006

Turkey Time

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!! A little late, but I can't update from my home computer (dumb iMacs . . .), so school is my only place of communication.

A lot happened this weekend. I got to see my cousin, who finally got back from Australia, after being gone for six months. And we had salmon for Thanksgiving dinner. Only my aunt . . .

I also met another cousin's boyfriend. He's a sweet guy. Actually talked to us, not at us. A unique find, but he better treat her right. Or else.

Thursday was a holiday, and I got to volunteer at the school. Got some Leadership and Planning hours, and met a number of interesting people. Many of whom are students at my own school - and this was a conference for teachers.

Ooh, ooh! I got books on Thursday. Three of them. The Princess Mage by Maggie L. Woods, The Grand Tour by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer, and Water - Tales of Elemental Spirits by Robin McKinley and Peter Dickenson. I probably completely mucked up their names, but whatever.

Oh, my wrist is much better - thanks to all of you that prayed!

I have to tutor today - two of the cutest kids ever. Grades four and six, and I'm contemplating tutoring at school as well. We'll see how it works with my schedule, which can be ridiculously busy.

Do svidanja!

PS - For my friends that don't know what languages I've been using, here's a list:
  • Italian
  • French
  • Polish
  • Romanian
  • Hebrew
  • Japanese
  • Russian

We'll see what I use next, hmm?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those books sound cool. tell me if they are good so i can get them at the library. :D
i'm glad your wrist is better.

Anonymous said...

should i take an intro leadership class next year?

Anonymous said...

sorry,

i liek how you do the language thingy majig (is that how its spelled?)

Anonymous said...

omygosh, i spelled like wrong.
you can tell i'm tired, i'm rambling.

Anonymous said...

why do they have the lettery thingabobs on the bottom of the comment thing?Do they have a real purpose or are they just for fun and to annoy us?